Thursday, April 16, 2009

Internet Safety "Reading"

  1. What article did you choose to read for your fourth article?

I chose to read an article by Mario Hipol called "Fighting Internet Filth."
  1. What were the most important things you learned from the readings?
One of the main messages I got was that the internet can be very good or bad. We need to make sure that we are only using the internet and media as a whole, for good purposes. We are seeking after things of "good report."

  1. How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth?
I will try to make sure I educate my children. They will be aware of the dangers of the internet and taught how to avoid these pitfalls. I will be sure to take the precautions that the articles taught to avoid these potential dangers as much as possible.

  1. How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?
I can teach others how to use the internet properly. I can make them aware of how to put up a strong defense and offense when online. I can tell them of all of the dangers that there are and what they can do to avoid becoming a victim of these dangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment